Note: This post is more geared toward coaches, athletic directors, and those who are in charge of designing competition schedules. We all know that winning and losing can affect a wrestler mentally (just look this famous photo of my buddy Troy-Boy after pinning Mike Sees from Bloomsburg in the Quarterfinals of the 2006 NCAA Championships). [...]
Ever wonder what physical qualities are in some of the top wrestlers in the world? As a performance coach for wrestlers, I’m constantly in search for better, more efficient ways to develop wrestlers to reach their physical potentials. So when I came across the studies below that measure and evaluate various physiological qualities of high [...]
One of the most common questions I get asked is what’s the best thing to eat after a lift or practice. I too have wondered the same thing, and for a while, tried to consume a 3:1 or 4:1 carb to protein ratio beverage after any workout, regardless of what it was. And why not? [...]
Scenario 1- Have you ever been shown how to squat by someone? And did they ever tell you that in order for the squat “to count” it needs to be parallel? But when you asked why, they didn’t have anything to back up their statement other than “because that’s how to do it” or “because [...]
I’ll be honest, I regularly use various Back Extensions, Good Mornings, and RDLs interchangeably. All 3 exercises strengthen the hamstrings, glutes, and low back to varying degrees, so it made a lot of sense to me; and perhaps to you. However, that all changed recently when I read a paper that was just published. And [...]
Before I began lifting using Dickie's system my wrestling skills were getting slightly better. I've now been lifting under his guidance for more than 5 months and I have begun to dominating ALL of my competition. At first I had little faith in Dickie and his program, but now I would run into a wall if he told me I would get stronger! I know it sounds insane, but I would. The bottom line is Dickie is an expert and knows what he is talking about. If you want to defeat those kids whom you've always lost to and reach a level you never thought possible, I suggest you start lifting using Dickie's system immediately.
-Kyle Dake, 4X NCAA Division 1 National Champion.
- Wrestling Mental Toughness April 16, 2012
- Wrestling Nutrition March 31, 2012
- Wrestling Workout Program Design Tips September 7, 2011
- Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist Saving Squat Tips January 31, 2013
- A New Take On Hip Power For Wrestling December 29, 2012
- A New Way To Peak For Major Tournaments May 14, 2013
- Physiological Profile Of The Ideal Wrestler May 6, 2013
- Best Post-Workout Meal April 29, 2013
- Why You MUST Squat Low April 21, 2013
- A New Approach To Developing Your Hips April 15, 2013
- Dickie: Thanks for the feedback and glad I could help. I ...
- Joshua Baron: Thanks Dickie, I really appreciate it. Its ni...
- Dickie: Hey Joshua, thanks for the comment. I actually wr...
- Joshua Baron: Hi Dickie, I sent you an e-mail earlier. He...
- Dickie: Sounds good, CJ. I'll send you an email soon and...