This next part in the detraining series looks at hormonal responses to strength training and how detraining impacts them. If you are the parent of a young wrestler or know one, I highly suggest you read this; you’ll be astonished at what a basic lifting program can do in terms of increased testosterone production. Paper […]
A little piece of trivia for everyone- back in these days (when he was representing Section 4 at the NYS Championships) he was known as “Duck” or “Dakey Duck”. In fact, here’s a great example of Kyle being Kyle back when he was a senior at Lansing High School (start the video at about 2:15). […]
With the season in full swing, I’m sure a common trend will again rear its ugly head… Wrestlers will stop lifting hard, start starving themselves, begin running long distance, and start to quickly lose all of the strength and power they worked so hard to develop during the off-season. These marked declines are the effects […]
Summary- “Resistance bands are used to improve explosive power in strength training athletes. Further, these bands are adaptable enough to provide resistance during drills for sport-specific training in wrestling. This article introduces the use of resistance bands to improve explosive power during the initial phase of the takedown and escapes from the bottom position in […]
The paper I’m going to present today researched the effects of a 2 day tournament (including weight loss) on Penn State wrestlers. Without a long winded intro, let’s get right into it… Purpose- “The purpose of this study was to investigate the physiological and performance responses to a simulated freestyle wrestling tournament after typical weight […]
Before I began lifting using Dickie's system my wrestling skills were getting slightly better. I've now been lifting under his guidance for more than 5 months and I have begun to dominating ALL of my competition. At first I had little faith in Dickie and his program, but now I would run into a wall if he told me I would get stronger! I know it sounds insane, but I would. The bottom line is Dickie is an expert and knows what he is talking about. If you want to defeat those kids whom you've always lost to and reach a level you never thought possible, I suggest you start lifting using Dickie's system immediately.
-Kyle Dake, 4X NCAA Division 1 National Champion
Like And Stay Up-To-Date:
- Wrestling Nutrition March 31, 2012
- Wrestling Mental Toughness April 16, 2012
- Wrestling Workout Program Design Tips September 7, 2011
- Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist Saving Squat Tips January 31, 2013
- Best Post-Workout Meal April 29, 2013
- The Effects Of Detraining Part 2 December 2, 2013
- Kid Dynamite At It Again! November 26, 2013
- The Effects Of Detraining Part 1 November 25, 2013
- Using Band To Increase Shot Power November 19, 2013
- Physiological And Performance Responses To Tournament Wrestling November 12, 2013
- Dickie: Hey,While this may be a stressful situation for ...
- lroberts: I have been helping my son train and have run into...
- Dickie: Hey Tommy,Glad you've found my blog so helpful ...
- Tommy Pavia: Dickie I am very new to your web site/blog. I am ...
- Dickie: Hey friend,First off- I'm not your buddy, guy (...