Ever stop and think if what you’re about to drink is going to help you rehydrate most efficiently once you get off the scale? I never did and instead just reached for the closest beverage and started chugging until I felt like I was going to puke. There was never a rhyme or reason to [...]
Note: This post is more geared toward coaches, athletic directors, and those who are in charge of designing competition schedules. We all know that winning and losing can affect a wrestler mentally (just look this famous photo of my buddy Troy-Boy after pinning Mike Sees from Bloomsburg in the Quarterfinals of the 2006 NCAA Championships). [...]
Ever wonder what physical qualities are in some of the top wrestlers in the world? As a performance coach for wrestlers, I’m constantly in search for better, more efficient ways to develop wrestlers to reach their physical potentials. So when I came across the studies below that measure and evaluate various physiological qualities of high [...]
One of the most common questions I get asked is what’s the best thing to eat after a lift or practice. I too have wondered the same thing, and for a while, tried to consume a 3:1 or 4:1 carb to protein ratio beverage after any workout, regardless of what it was. And why not? [...]
Scenario 1- Have you ever been shown how to squat by someone? And did they ever tell you that in order for the squat “to count” it needs to be parallel? But when you asked why, they didn’t have anything to back up their statement other than “because that’s how to do it” or “because [...]
Before I began lifting using Dickie's system my wrestling skills were getting slightly better. I've now been lifting under his guidance for more than 5 months and I have begun to dominating ALL of my competition. At first I had little faith in Dickie and his program, but now I would run into a wall if he told me I would get stronger! I know it sounds insane, but I would. The bottom line is Dickie is an expert and knows what he is talking about. If you want to defeat those kids whom you've always lost to and reach a level you never thought possible, I suggest you start lifting using Dickie's system immediately.
-Kyle Dake, 4X NCAA Division 1 National Champion.
- Wrestling Nutrition March 31, 2012
- Wrestling Mental Toughness April 16, 2012
- Wrestling Workout Program Design Tips September 7, 2011
- Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist Saving Squat Tips January 31, 2013
- A New Take On Hip Power For Wrestling December 29, 2012
- Best Way To Rehydrate Post Weigh-ins May 21, 2013
- A New Way To Peak For Major Tournaments May 14, 2013
- Physiological Profile Of The Ideal Wrestler May 6, 2013
- Best Post-Workout Meal April 29, 2013
- Why You MUST Squat Low April 21, 2013
- Dickie: Hey Scott, I'm not really sure what you mean by...
- Scott: Hey Dickie, I manage a Facebook site for my kids w...
- Dickie: Thanks for the feedback and glad I could help. I ...
- Joshua Baron: Thanks Dickie, I really appreciate it. Its ni...
- Dickie: Hey Joshua, thanks for the comment. I actually wr...