By now it should be no secret- I’m a huge fan of Sweet Treats. I’ll eat pretty much any kind of dessert you can think of.
But finding healthy recipes that are so tasty they put an uncontrollable smile on my face, that’s a different story.
However, my wife found a potential gem the other day and was nice enough to make it for me.
I absolutely loved it and thought that I’d pass it along to other dessert enthusiasts out there who are looking to keep their weight under control.
Fat Boy Approved Bread Pudding
10 slices Ezekiel raisin bread
3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 whole eggs
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
Pinch sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
2. Whisk all wet ingredients (almond milk, eggs) along with the cane sugar and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt) in a large bowl.
3. Tear each slice of bread into about 8 or so pieces.
4. Spray a 9″x13″ baking pan and place the bread pieces throughout the pan.
5. Dump the wet mixture evenly over the bread pieces and press the bread to encourage it to soak it up evenly.
6. Put it in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
7. Divide into 6 equal servings (if you care about the caloric breakdown) which comes out to 230 cals/serving.
That’s all there is to it. Although Laura made this for me the other day, now that I look at it, I’m pretty sure I could manage to make it without a huge issue.
So give this a shot, especially if you want something sweet but don’t want to totally sabotage your diet.
Oh, and Laura said it has a 4:1 carb to protein ratio, making it a pretty ideal post-workout meal. For other post-workout meal ideas (specifically after you lift) be sure to read this post by clicking here.